Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Somehow...

...between sickness, company, traveling, house cleaning, and everyday life in general, I managed to squeak out a few more sewing projects. I'm begining to feel hopeful that I might actually finish all the things I had hoped to (and offered to) finish before spring sneaks up on us. It snowed today to help me feel not-so-behind. :D

This ones for little Miss Julia. A last minute idea since I had scraps left from the original project which I cut out but have yet to sew.

The hat was an experiment that I can only hope will fit along with the dress. :)
This project is for a very dear friend who has almost 1 yr. old twins.
I made a coordinating skirt for their big sister as well...which is what I got hung up on and took forever to whip up as I had a lot of interruptions between now and when i started them.
Plus I found coordinating tops on sale and added chocolate ties to better coordinate and to help keep them from being too billowy. I like how they turned out. (The middle one is backwards to show the backside.)
Fun stuff! Now hopefully after I get back from our trip this weekend I will be able to whip up the next set of dresses for these girls... and the jackets... and Kates summer dress... and the matching dress for Miss Julia. (Dream on!)

2 comments:

kdk said...

I'm impressed with your sewing. I remember my mom sitting up until all hours sewing clothes...I have boys, so that's the excuse I use for not doing that. Good to hear your sickness is over!

Sjo said...

Oh my goodness. that dress is sooo cute I can't wait to see it on her. I may have to attempt sewing again now that I have a girl!!!