Friday, April 29, 2011

Got 'em!!!

WARNING: If you are squeamish about mice...
GO NO FURTHER!!!
I saw a mouse in my kitchen 3 days ago. In fact, I chase a mouse around my kitchen...and if I were U. Dave or U. AJ I would have gotten him too! It was even a clumsy mouse and tripped and sommersaulted over itself on its gettaway run...but alas! I am even clumsier! So even though I thought I was prepared with club in hand, and spooked him from his hiding spot prepared to do him in...HE GOT AWAY.
And he also got away with 3 meals of peanut butter and one of marshmallow.
BUT HE DIDN'T GET AWAY WITH THE BACON THIS MORNING!!!
And neither did his wife 3 minutes later! :)

The kids were quite excited over the mice...Tay-O in particular. Kate more felt sorry for it and thought it was cute.
Tay-o was facinated by its tail.
Miss Kate wanted to pet it...and I told her she could as long as we could have a very thorough hand-washing party afterwards!!
I also let Tay-O pull its tail. :D He was a little unsure at first...
But by the time we caught the second one he was opening his mouth to have a taste...Seriously!!!
We hope these are the last mice we see in our house, even though they do appear to be such a sweet couple! :D

...But we did set the trap again just in case!!!
(I just heard the trap snap again!!! NO JOKING!!!)
I guess I have another little fellow to take care of so...Happy day to ya'all!



UPDATE: cuz I know ya'all wanted to see more pics! HAHA
15 min. after posting I had 4 mice. The fat one is the one I chased but missed. I seriously recognize her. :D I think I caught her just in time.
Don't they look cute and cozy. :P

...
Then by 5:00 we'd caught 5 of 'em.
Now they just look like a bunch of dead mice...
except for #5 who looks like he's about to jump and run.




4 comments:

Sjo said...

That is, umm, horribly cute. :P Hopefully you got them all!!! You shoulda' set a bounty per tail with Mr Wise Guy!! ;P

Amy said...

Ewww!!! You are brave to do that yourself! I hope that was the whole family and no more appear!

Debbie said...

It appeared to be the whole family. We ended up getting 4 small and 2 large by 9:30 and have caught no more over the past couple days. Hope that means we're rodent free! :)

KLamb said...

Methinks you better find the crack where they are getting inside!! (My grandsons know not to even get me a card with a picture of a cute mouse, so these photos gave me the chills!) Hope you have all of them!