Friday, December 5, 2008

Projects

I have been sewing every chance I got this week and yesterday and today was working on this meeting chair-cover for infants/toddlers. I finished it today. It is a gift for my cousin Mary L. and it is also my favorite one of all the ones I've made so far. I think its the color and the teddy bear embroidered on the back part.





Possible it is also the fact that the teddy bear turned out half way decent in spite of being done freehand. I know it isn't perfectly symetrical...but I don't have time for that and if M. doesn't like it she can restitch it herself. :)


This is one of the other projects I just did the other day. Remember I said I was "building" a shelf for the dishes Miss Kate got for her birthday. Well considering the fact that I don't have any major tools and I didn't really want to spend money on it... Guess what? It's built out of cardboard. Simply bacause I have tons of cardboard laying around since moving. Oh, and lots of packing tape. I probably used a whole roll. :) (It is about 2 ft. tall.... just to help you get some perspective)
The back
I got some cheap "wood" contact paper to cover it with to try and help improve the look.

The Side
The Front

Believe it or not, it is actually pretty sturdy. Miss Kate loves to climb on it and in it and it seems to hold up fairly well so far. We'll see how long it lasts. Not that I'm worried about that since it was pretty much just some cheap entertainment for a boring afternoon. :)

4 comments:

Sjo said...

The chair cover turned out great! Love the shelf, I thought it was real wood at first and then you said card board ?? :) Looks pretty sturdy to me.

NaomiG said...

The chair cover is adorable. That's awesome that you freehanded teddy...

I LOVE your shelf--so cool that it's cardboard and Miss Kate can climb on it?! Wow! Good job with the frugalness there missy! I can't wait to hear how long it ends up lasting you, it looks great....

Jenn said...

Great job for using what you have there, missy! I think you did a fabulous job!
And that teddy bear looks very symetrical to me! Very cute!

Chasms Lady said...

Very impressed with the bookshelf! And the chair cover is an awesome idea, great job! =)