Thursday, May 7, 2009

This and That

Here are my typical 3 pics from the last trip to Portland/Vancouver area.
Miss Kate has taken a liking to Ty-Boy for some reason. She has always Oohh-ed over his pic on our fridge in her high enthusiastic voice but I didn't know she actually knew who he was. She just likes other small folks...particularly boys. They got along quite nicely on Sun. He took good care of her, beeping her nose continually (which she giggled over) and even giving her flowers after first chasing her about trying in vain to tuck them behing her ear. She usually loves the "pretties" that she sees in the store, but she promptly threw his on the ground and ran off laughing. :) Makes me wonder what we have in store for us with this child??? Making sure Kate doesn't escape to the parking area.
Sneaking in some time with Aunt Susie...the most requested Auntie among small people...and Moms too.

Everybody loves Aunt Susie. :)
So, there you have the 3 grande photos. :D

These are some of Miss Kate's 'supervised play time' things which she happened to find the other day and help herself to.
Usually she gets 5 crayons at a time....But she enjoyed the marker set AND all 96 crayons at once.The look on her face is saying "As long as I keep smiling this is OK right mom?... see, I'm putting them back in this box as fast as I can". (She was quickly trying to stuff the crayons into the marker box as soon as she found she'd been spotted.)She does love to draw...and she loves to help put things away...but I think she needs a little more work on matching colors. :D 2 out of 8 isn't such a great score. And if you haven't yet noticed...we have hair issues. Her 'good-morning' hair and her 'after nap' hair are just wild these days.She was playing with "kirkols" (circles) , while I was getting the kitchen in order, and getting a kick outta peeking through them at me. When I got the camera and asked her to peek at me she just gave me this...If I look sweet enough I don't have to perform for you right?
She continued to do this at me until I left her alone.


This afternoon when I got out the vacuum cleaner she rushed around gathering her favorite puppies and her blankey and parked herself on this perch in her toy corner looking very nervous.

She did this the whole time I vacuumed......except when I went right up to her box with the vacuum. Then she went into protection mode with her doggy. It was very cute...her trying to protect her puppy from the vacuum.



Need I say that she was happy when I was finished. :)

6 comments:

Sjo said...

She's looking oh so girly with all her little expressions! it was great to see you guys, looking forward to being able to do a little more together next time you're here!

Amy said...

Very cute pictures! Miss K is growing up so quickly. Sorry we missed you last weeked-Alyssa was sick. Cute skirt you made for Miss K.

NaomiG said...

She's adorable... what a cute batch of pics!

Brooke said...

Our kids do that with the vacuum too--all the gathering of special things to protect from the mean machine. In fact, right now Ezra is cleaning up his toys before I come rushing in with the vacuum : )

The Chatty Housewife said...

Cute photos! What a little stinker for getting into the art supplies. Did all the marker come off the table? If not, try some hairspray and a toothbrush. :)

Debbie said...

Yes, the marker came off...it was washable marker. Thanks for the tip though. I'll have to remember that. I'm sure it will come in handy in the future. Thank ya'all for the comments.