Thursday, August 13, 2009

The long awaited post!

Little Elliott was finally born on August 8, @ 7:29am after a short and dramatic labor of approximately 1 1/2 hrs. We ended up leaving Miss Kate sleeping in her bed and the door unlocked, knowing that G&G Blake were going to be there in 15 min. and feeling a sudden need to be at the hospital right now. A very dramatic water break and few minutes of pushing...and what a surprise to have a boy!!! :) I really just figured it would be another girl so I had to get used to the idea of going through uncharted territory with this new little guy. He was known at the hospital as the little boy with the bruised face (and it was VERY bruised). Now enough of the boring stuff...on to the pictures. I put in a few of Kate for comparison.
The lovely in-hospital picture.
"Good Morning, Elliott, and welcome to the big world!"
8lbs 15 oz 21in long

Miss Kate
8lbs 11oz 21 3/4 in
Big sister meets baby Elliott
(Note the racoon-eyed bruised face look)Our fabulous Nurse (we were told she was the best one there) let Kate listen to his heart and be very involved with her checking of the baby. The expression on Kate's face was hilarious when she first heard his heartbeat.Elliott 1 day oldMiss Kate 1 day oldbringing Elliott home
Miss Kate coming home Miss Kate had to give him some lovin'
...and check to see if he had 2 ears
...and sure enough he did. hanging out in his swing
4 days old
SO tiny
(look at those skinny legs)
All curled up Miss Kate 4 day old


I'll try and get some pics with the eyes open eventually, but at the moment I don't have any.

By the way, guess who forgot it was our anniversary today... Let's just say it was NOT Mr. Wise Guy. He was the one that had to do the prompting and I was pretty slow in coming around. Can't believe its been 4 yrs already.

8 comments:

NaomiG said...

HAHAHA!! You've been a little busy and pre-occupied, huh?! :-) So glad the little man is doing well, he's so cute! :-)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! He is a cute one, and don't worry, he'll plump up plenty soon. I love the name by the way. :) Hope your recovery is going quickly.

Mary said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad you didn't have to wait too long. He looks like his mommy I think. That's funny, your little girl looks like her daddy and your little boy looks like his mommy! He's very cute!

Amy said...

Congratulations ! You have a darling little guy! Miss Kate looks like she will be a good helper to you! We have all had slip ups now and then and I had big one and had no excuse for it! :)

kdk said...

He's adorable - congratulations! You're excused from forgetting the anniversary with all those postpartum hormones pickling your brain. You can get away with lots on that excuse...

Anonymous said...

How precious. I see the Bartlett in him! Enjoy your vacation while Grandma is there!

~Holly~ said...

Congratulations! Makes me impatient to meet my little man in four months! Kate seems a lot like Avah around babies, eager and helpful.... we'll wait until its all baby, all the time, lol. Hope you're feeling well!

The Chatty Housewife said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful!

Happy Anniversary!