Friday, December 4, 2009

Miss-chievious Kate

Sometimes when she is quiet I find her being very angelic...
Such as when I rushed into the living room after a long period of silence, sure I was going to find disaster, only to find her sitting there on the floor diligently searching through the scriptures...


Other times not so much...
Like when I fell asleep reading her stories on the bed after a long night with a sick baby and jumped awake to find this disaster...(this is the messiest, gooiest, ooiest stuff to clean up) I did not take a picture of her before cleaning her up because there wasn't time. I didn't want her to get it anywhere more than she already had. She appeared to think is was furniture polish, and was using her lovely slimy white hands to spread it and a washcloth to polish. Unfortunately for her, her "night-night" was also covered in it so she had to take her nap without it. (It was finally clean 1 scrubbing, 1 soaking, and 2 washings later.) I had to wash her hands 6 times just to get rid of the pretty white gloves. I 'm counting my blessings that she kept the majority of it on the wipeable surfaces as it is a super royal pain to get out of materials/clothes/carpet. The alarm clock still has goop in all the cracks and crevices. :)

And there was the time I walked into her room to get her up one morning (after thinking she was sure sleeping a long time) and found her completely NAKED. She loves to undo zippers snaps and such so she stripped off her jammies and then removed her diaper as well. She tried to fold it neatly up just like mommy does and then set it on the dresser to be thrown away... and yes, she also peed in the bed afterwards. ...I thought I was actually caught up on the laundry for a minute, but I knew that couldn't be possible. :D

Sometimes she actually plays nicely with her cousins.
...And SHARES!!!


More often she likes to boss and annoy them...at least the littler ones don't know the difference. :)
Helping push Little Sprout in the walker... even though she doesn't need any help.
And then moving her chair right up against the walker so Little Sprout couldn't go anywhere...
every time Little Sprout backed up and started in another direction Miss Kate promptly moved her chair in front of her again.




But alas! Little Sprout is still smiling after all that so Miss Kate decided to try a different tactic...Ruffy in the face!
Italic


Playing and plotting mischief with Elliott

Hey, Elliott, see how dirty Fletch is. I bet we could get him nice and clean if we washed him in the toilet.
Don'tcha think so?!
Oh, hi mom, we weren't doing anything naughty, we're just sittin here doing nothin.
Mom turns around for a second:
_Fling_
Fletch the Puppy is sent flying through the air by Kate and smacks Elliott in the face.
Mom whips back around. "Kate did you just hit Elliott in the face with Fletch?"
Kate sits there smiling innocently, but saying nothing.
Something tells me by the look on his face that the answer is 'YES'.
They move down to the floor and the "playing" continues...
"Hey, Elliott, would you like me to teach you something?
You would?! Okay!"
"Did you know these are your eyes?"
*Poke* *Poke*
"And if you lift up your head a bit more *PUSH*
I'll show you where your mouth is." :)
Don't worry folks its all good. I'm pretty tough you know. :)
Miss Kate is a typical girl in that she loves to try on shoes and clothes ...usually ones that are way too big or way too small. :D Notice she has both of her legs in one pant leg of Elliotts jeans.


Miss Kate has become very helpful in entertaining Elliott these days...although I can't leave her alone with him or he gets a lot of stuff in the face. Often she covers him completely with a blanket as though that might make him go away for a while. Usually she set a book on his face or makes sure her toy "accidentally" hits him. The other day she had a thermometer up his nose. He never made a peep about it even though his eyes were all red and watery. (Have you ever tried sticking a thermometer up your nose? It ain't pleasant!) I did it back to her so she could see how it felt. :]
They often play together on the bed in the morning and evenings as I get ready for the day or night.

....Here sits Elliott feeling very bored...but wait...someone is coming in the door over there. Elliott can take it from here...

The suspense is killing me....
Oh goody, its Kate!
I don't like to take my eyes off of her when she's around cause you never know what might happen. I know she looks very innocent...
But she can get pretty wild sometimes.
Personally, I find her very exciting to watch! She does backflips...
"Hey, Elliott are you watching me!"
...and sommersaults!
And she tells me secrets....Psst!
I think she's really funny! :D
Oh, and I love to rock in the rocking chair with her...
...As long as she doesn't rock me out.
She rocks me violently ...BACK...and FORTH...
(or FORTH...and BACK according to the pictures.)
And I like it!!!
We also like to sing while we're rocking, her and I. It's just so cozy and relaxing. :) It always calms everyone down when Mommy is having a rough day.
It makes us very happy. And sometimes Kate even tells me stories
Even better...sometimes we all get to sit in the chair with Daddy and read stories!!! Kate doesn't let me see the scary parts. She says I might get nightmares.

Boy I sure am getting sleepy. I think it's time for a nap in my favorite chair. Good bye ya'all!
XOXO from Elliot (oh, and from Mommy and Kate too probably) :)

2 comments:

Sjo said...

Wow Elliott is getting soo big, love all his expressions! And Kate... you are amazing! I think I'm glad I have boys! They have been into the Destin but thankfully weren't quite soo liberal in spreading it around. We missed seeing you all when you were here, hopfully we'll all be well next time. Sounds like Elliott has caught up to Jeffy, love his grins and smiles!

The Chatty Housewife said...

Wow, that cream must have been a pain to clean off! Yikes!

Adorable photos as always! Elliott is starting to look a lot like Leroy!