Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Those summer time walks.

It already seems like such a long time ago now, that the sky was filled with the smoke of wildfires and the sun looked red before it was even sunset.
 When the evenings were pleasant and balmy and the daylight lasted long enough to enjoy a relaxing evening walk after dinner.
 Our favorite place to walk was down the hill to the little secluded boat launch off the peninsula.

 I usually ended up bringing up the rear, strolling along behind this little lady whose siblings have already disappeared into the sunset in their excitement to get to the waters edge.
 Those wildfire sunsets were SO beautiful!  I took way too many pictures, but I couldn't help myself. :)
 A comet headed toward earth!






 The kids would spend time wading in the lake and throwing pebbles into the water. Usually someone would get a little wetter than intended and have to walk home soggy. :)



 Exploring some of the little fisherman trails down to the waters edge through the hedge around the peninsula.
 And once the sun was set we would head back up the hill to home with many a backward glance at the peaceful setting behind us.

Which reminds me...I still need to clean out our green and slimy pool before it freezes.  We left summer and came home to the chill of fall, on our last trip, and now I'm having a hard time facing the cleaning job ahead of me. It was fun in the summer when we donned swimsuits and cooled off while getting the job done. Now I just can't find a day that would make the job a little more appealing. Wah wah wah.

No comments: