Hooray for the beautiful snow! We finally got some of the glittery sparkly stuff. Kate was too little to enjoy it last year, but was facinated by it this year. She spent alot of time by the window last night watching it fall, and today she got to get out and enjoy it for a little while.
At first she wasn't sure what to do with the stuff. She studied it and poofed it around by grabbing handfuls and clapping her mittens together.
Then she tasted some...
and found snow-eating to be one of her new favorite past-times.
And of course, we had to make a snowman!
A jolly little fellow who sits on our grill peering in the window at us with a cheery smile. :)
We like to peer back at him. :)
And Kate has been running to the window every now and again to check on Mr Snowman and make sure he is OK.
He says he is just fine...its still way too cold to start melting yet.
So he continues to sit there and smile over the great mound of clothes that we peeled off after coming inside...
'These folks sure are silly. All I need out here is a hat and even that is just for style.'
After our fun in the snow we are now content to play in our warm cozy little house...
And feed oop (soup) to our baby. :)
And I'm happy to announce that today is the first day in 2weeks that I have not had to suck out or blow anymore stuffy noses. HOORAY! We are happy to be officially and completely over our colds/coughs. :)
That makes 2 seriously happy punkins.
6 comments:
That bottom pic is ADORABLE! :-) They look so happy! :-) We're having fun in the snow too. :-)
Wow, that is such a cool cardboard playhouse!
Love the bottom picture! You can bring us some snow if you still have some in a week or two. Phi has been talking about snowman for the last few weeks. He'll have to check out Kate's when he gets up. It's quite a cutie!
Phi says he wants to know if he can eat some of Kate's snow? If her snow man is big? and what does Elliott have in his tummy? :D
Hey - I love all your photos! Looks like you're having a lot of fun with your kiddos!
Where did you get Kate's gloves?? I've been trying to find some for Brianna that are waterproof...
Hi there,
NaomiG-that is my fav pic of them. :) Looks like (from your blog) you've got a bit of snow! Yea!
Chatty- The house provides hours of play for Kate...enough that I couldn't justify taking it down so we could have some space in our living room again. :)
Sjo- Phi will just have to wait for a trip to the mountain. :) Mr. Snowman is about 2ft. tall. And I've been wondering the same thing about Elliott. :D
Lisa- The jacket and gloves are last years in case you didn't notice the jacket sleeves half way up her arms. I got them at Childrens Place. They probably have them again this year and you can spray them with waterproofing for extra protection. I could barely squeeze her hands into the mittens, and she complained that they were too tight. If you lived closer i'd let you have em for the winter. I layered the little knitted finger gloves underneath for extra warmth. Layers make a huge difference. You can get a 2 pack @ Walmart for $1.00 Hope that helps. :)
Post a Comment