Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Winter Wonderland

So yesterday we had our first bit of snow! Miss Kate immediately wanted to go build a snowman as she has fond memories of last winters snowman.
I sent her out to play while I was getting myself bundled up and she entertained herself by making a giant triangle in the yard (which I couldn't fit into the picture entirely) and then continued making little paths in the snow and then pacing around on them. Possibly she was pretending to be Mr. Dale (The elderly neighbor man who does dozens of laps around the park daily)

I decided it would be best to build a snowman with Kate while Tay-O was taking his nap...and so it was that this little fella didn't get to enjoy the snow at all. :)
(He was happy enough with a good lunch, apparently)
So we finished Mister snowman after much labor as this cold and beautifully glitter snow is terrible for packing so we had to build one small handfull at a time gently packing as we went.
As you can see it had begun to snow once again as we were finishing up.
By dinner time it looked like this....
Although it is impossible to capture on camera what it really looked like. I could sit by the window all night watching the snow sparkle and glitter in the porch light. I simply can't get over the glittery-ness of the snow here as I have only been accustomed to the wet Oregon snow. Its like someone just spilled a giant jar of glitter over the yard to add to the beauty of the snow.
By bedtime it was blowing ...while still snowing. :)

This morning this was my view.
It's about 12 degrees out there, and on a random note, if you look closely at the below pic you'll notice I accidentally captured Mr. Squirrel in the photo. (on the gatepost)
The snow varies from 6in. to over a foot deep as the wind has been blowing alot.
Our front entrance is one big mess of drifts...but I'm not going anywhere soon. :)
We'll be staying warm and cozy inside and enjoying the beauty of winter....
before thanksgiving?!?!
We hope our family is still planning to come to our house, cause I really don't feel like going anywhere. :D
So, My Family, here is what you can look forward to. ;)
Safe drivin' Ya'all.

No comments: