Tuesday, December 7, 2010

More Winter!!

So last Tues. we got quite a bit more snow and some freezing fog which makes the trees look amazingly beautiful!!! I find myself running for the camera to take a quick shot out the bedroom widow or the kitchen window quite often these days. Here are a bunch of shots of some of the different scenes I have been enjoying.











So then...
With all the snow we got we decided to build a little sled run. Which I endeavored to do over Thanksgiving wknd with a lot of help from A. Rufe and Gramma Jo. I have had to repair and lengthen it as the days passed but it is still running. It is very hard to make out if you don't already know where it is, but it starts on the small mountain in our front yard and basically follows the line of snow you can see all the way down to where it lines up with the far corner of the garage where it banks in a hard turn and follows along the road. If you watch the video at the end you'll probably be able to see it better.
Thanks to Mr. Wise Guy's Fri. off I have a few pics and videos as I get none of that when I go out with 2 kiddos by my self.
When we get cold we come in and snuggle on the couch...
maybe even take a light snooze. :D
and watch the sunset while we eat dinner.




Here is a little glimpse of the fun times we've been having in our front yard. Many thanks to A. Rufe for all the hard work and the fun memories made over Thanksgiving wknd working on this sled trail together.


Here is a random funny clip from yesterday evening.
We got new cell phones and of course they come with many new ringtones. Mr. Wise Guy was trying them out and Tay-O was rockin out to 'em. The head shake thing has been his reaction to rythym since he was very small. Miss Kate on the other hand has always done hip swingin. So funny to me how the natural reaction to music is so different in the boy vs. girl. Tay-O will sometimes do this to music until he gets dizzy and falls over. Although occasionally in mtg. when there is a slightly faster tune sung he will wave his arms around dramatically and roll his head around in time with it. I seriously have no idea where he gets this stuff. Enjoy! (oh, and you may want to keep the volume down for this one.)

5 comments:

Sjo said...

LOL, now peanut is shaking his head too. Tay-o is too funny!~ So cute! The snow pictures are beautiful. Phi and Leroy have been still giving thanks at meals and bed time for the "snow at Kate's house" this week. Such fun to have in your front yard, though I'm sure it makes life in general a bit more complicated! Fun times!

The Respectable Redneck said...

I love your sled run that is awesome. We had "snow" for an afternoon here and Emy LOVED it and has been asking for more ever since. Stay warm!

The Chatty Housewife said...

Beautiful photos! Awesome video. :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful view! Glad you are all enjoying the snow.

That video is so cute, Wyatt occasionally does the same thing, maybe it's the age??? :)

Brooke said...

Gorgeous shots. Makes me miss Idaho a lot!